Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Spring Flowers

                                        They only bloom for a few days, but they are beautiful
                                         when they are in bloom.
                                          My peony. Love this color. They were gorgeous this year.

                                                  
                                                      My favorite iris. Almost black it was so dark.

                                          My first peony. This peony is at least 25 years old. It took it forever to
                                          bloom good. It was getting too much shade. Remember if your peonys
                                          are getting enough sun and still not blooming, you could have them
                                          planted too deep. They need to be planted no more that 2" deep.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Princeton, Kentucky, United States
I live in Western KY which is Zone 6. I am an avid gardener. I do this in my spare time as I am a wife, mother, grandmother to 4 and work full time outside the home. My favorite flowers to grow are unusual flowers, shrubs and bulbs. In the spring I like to spend my weekends visiting nurseries to find unusual things to plant.