Saturday, July 28, 2012

Vegetable Garden



Since we had such an early spring we got stared on our garden a lot earlier than wer usually do. We planted green onion, radishes, lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers and tomatoes. As you can see, they are doing great. I have never had tomatoes do this good. I don't know if it was because we planted early or if we planted during the right sign of the moon.

It could be because I planted these zinnias at the edge of the garden (from seed). I had read that if you plant zennias, it will attract bees and they will polinate your veggies. I can't say what it was that has my garden producing so much, but I will be planting zinnias each year at the edge of my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Princeton, Kentucky, United States
I live in Western KY which is Zone 6. I am an avid gardener. I do this in my spare time as I am a wife, mother, grandmother to 4 and work full time outside the home. My favorite flowers to grow are unusual flowers, shrubs and bulbs. In the spring I like to spend my weekends visiting nurseries to find unusual things to plant.